Thailand, one of Southeast Asia’s crown jewels, has beckoned to visitors. If you do not know where to begin arranging your trip since there is so much information available, or if you are unsure about traveling during Covid-19. You have come to the right place! This travel guide will take the stress out of planning and make it easier for you to prepare for your trip to Thailand.
Good news for fully vaccinated visitors from all countries! Thailand’s Test and Go and Blue Zone Sandbox programs are allowing vaccinated visitors to enter the country without quarantine.
No worries! If you are unvaccinated or not fully vaccinated, the Happy Quarantine will be the right fit for you. You will be required to undergo the mandatory alternative quarantine of 10 days in an assigned quarantine hotel in Bangkok, Phuket, or Samui before you can travel to other parts of Thailand.
1. Prepare your passport and figure out the visa you need.
To enter Thailand, you will need to figure out the visa you need and apply for it.
The following are the most common types of visas:
– Visa Exemption (for visiting Thailand for tourism purposes not longer than 30 days)
– Tourist Visa (for visiting Thailand not longer than 60 days)
– Special Tourist Visa
– Non-Immigrant Visa (for visiting Thailand based on the different purpose of stay and the visa is valid for 90 days and it can be extended in Thailand up to 1 year)
– Thai Elite Visa
– Visa on Arrival
2. Book a Flight and Hotel
Looking for a cheap flight to Thailand? It is easily done at your fingertips with 24/7 customer service to ensure you get the support you need via Traveloka. https://www.traveloka.com/en-th/flight
From the Test and Go program to the Blue Zone Sandbox or the Happy Quarantine program, you may select the program that is right for you and book the required hotel for each program.
Under the Test and Go
Fully vaccinated travelers are not required to stay in a mandatory quarantine but must stay for 1 night in an accredited SHA+ hotel or ASQ hotel on Day 1 while awaiting the results of the RT-PCR COVID test, and record the self-ATK result on Day 5 in the MorChana application.
Under the Blue Zone Sandbox
Fully vaccinated travelers are exempt from a mandatory quarantine but must stay in an accredited SHA+ hotel in Phuket or other Sandbox destinations for at least 7 nights before being allowed to go to other parts of the country. The RT-PCR test will be performed on Day 1 and the self-ATK result is recorded in the MorChana application on Days 5-6.
Here are the Sandbox destinations:
4. Surat Thani (Ko Samui, Ko Pha-ngan, Ko Tao)
5. Bang Lamung
7. Si Racha
8. Si Chang
9. Sattahip (only Na Jomtien and Bang Saray)
10. Ko Chang in Trat
Under the Happy Quarantine or Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ)
Unvaccinated travelers from any country are required to stay in an ASQ hotel or a similar government-approved facility for a mandatory 10-day quarantine. The two RT-PCR tests will be performed on Days 0-1 and 8-9.
3. Purchase a COVID-19 Insurance
You will need to get COVID-19 insurance that fits Thai government requirements.
These include the following:
– Coverage of at least USD $20,000 for medical expenses incurred as a result of injury or illness, including COVID-19.
– The COVID-19 travel insurance policy must cover the length of your stay in Thailand. It can be 7 days, 15 days, 30 days, 60 days, 90 days, or 180 days.
4. Apply for the Thailand Pass
All travelers must apply for the Thailand Pass. Travelers are advised to register at least 7 days before your departure date. Please go to https://tp.consular.go.th/ and register by filling out your personal information on the Thailand Pass registration page and uploading supporting papers such a copy of your passport, a copy of your valid visa, and COVID-19 travel insurance.
5. Get COVID-19 test and prepare the documents for your flight
Once you have obtained the Thailand Pass, you must prepare the following documents for your trip to Thailand. These documents must be presented to the airline before departure.
– Thailand Pass
– Valid visa in your passport (if any)
– Proof of Vaccination (if any)
– Medical Certificate with a laboratory result indicating that COVID-19 is not detected. The COVID test must be by the RT-PCR method, within 72 hours before departure.
– COVID 19 travel insurance certificate
– Copy of confirmed hotel booking
– Copy of flight reservation
– Receipt of payment for COVID tests (for Test and Go and Sandbox program)
Those are the things you need to know and expect if you plan on visiting Thailand during the Covid-19. More information regarding travel restrictions can be found here.
Thailand, one of the top vacation and tourist destinations for many people from all over the world, is now open to visitors from all countries to experience and explore the country. Are you looking for a new adventure?
Thailand, Land of smiles, has a lot to offer, from its bustling capital to its beautiful world-class beaches and lush jungle highlands. Thailand’s list of things to do is endless, given to its unique culture, beautiful nature, and modern architecture. You could immerse yourself in the culture while eating delectable street food all day and night.
You will always discover something new and surprising here, no matter how many times you visit. This Siam country will never disappoint you. More fun and amazing experiences await you in Thailand. So, what exactly are you waiting for? Pack your stuff and get ready to fly away!